Spaghetti is one of the most popular and most eaten pasta types. Everyone loves pasta so if you don’t know to how to make delicious spaghetti it you are at the right place.
Ingredients required to make Spaghetti with tomato sauce:
- 3 pounds (1.5kg) tomatoes, peeled and coarsely chopped
- 1 Onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil, torn +extra sprigs to garnish
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- Freshly grated black pepper
- 1 pound (500g) spaghetti
Recipe: To make delicious spaghetti with tomato sauce follow the following steps:
- Cook the tomatoes with pinch of salt in a covered saucepan over medium heat for 5 minutes.
- Transfer to a colander with large holes and let drain for 1 hour.
- Return the tomatoes to the saucepan and add the onion, garlic, basil, oil and sugar. Season with salt and pepper. Partially cover and simmer over low heat until reduced, about 40 minutes.
- Remove from heat and run through a food mill or mash with fork until smooth.
- Cook the spaghetti in a large pot of salted boiling water until al dente.
- Drain well and transfer to a heated serving bowl.
- Serve hot with sauce. Garnish each portion with basil.